Spring Break season is upon us! Check out these ICT travel tips to make starting your trip as stress-free as possible.
Tips from the Transportation Security Administration
Refer to the TSA Blog for more travel tips.
- TSA opens checkpoint around 3:45 am and closes 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm, depending on the flight schedule.
- Dress for easy screening – wear slip-on shoes, no belts, no metal.
- Shoes must be divested directly onto the x-ray conveyor belt or in a bin with nothing inside the shoes or anything on or below the shoes.
- Outer coats, jackets, bulky sweatshirts and hoodies must be removed.
- Belts, hats and scarves must be removed.
- Everything must be removed from the passenger’s pockets.
- Remove food from carry-on bags to help x-ray operators get a clearer view of a bag’s contents.
- Sign up for TSA PreCheck. The TSA PreCheck™ office is located at New Leaf Plaza, 2021 N. Amidon, Suite 130.
Security Procedures for Kids: http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-kids
- E-mail TSA at TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov
- TSA Contact Center: 1 (866) 289-9673
- Website: https://www.tsa.gov/travel
- Local Transportation Security Administration: (316) 361-2301
- Ask TSA “What Can I Bring? https://www.tsa.gov/blog
- Social Media – Twitter.com/TSA
Tips from the Airport
- You may not park and wait in front of the terminal. Use the cell phone lot if you’re picking up guests. The front of the terminal is for quick pickup and drop-off.
- Check in for your flight 24 hours before departure time.
- If you need assistance in any of the parking areas, your windshield scraped or a flat tire inflated, call ABM Parking at 316-946-4772.
- Check your luggage before packing to make sure you have no prohibited items in your carry-on or checked bags.
- Each airline has different weight and size requirements for baggage. Visit the airline’s websites so you won’t have any surprises when you arrive at the airport.
- Visit flywichita.com for parking and airline information, ground transportation and airport services.