Making prior arrangements with your airline for wheelchair availability and access, oxygen requirements, and other accommodations before arriving at the airport will help ensure a smooth experience at the airport.
For information on security screening for people with disabilities, visit the Transportation Security Administration.
TSA has launched TSA Cares, a helpline designed to assist travelers with disabilities and medical conditions, prior to arriving at the airport. Travelers may call TSA Cares toll free at 1-855-787-2227 prior to traveling with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint.
Accessible Parking & Ground Transportation
ADA accessible parking stalls are located in all surface lots and on each level of the parking garage, nearest the stairwells/elevators.
Traveling with Service Animals
There are two pet/service animal relief areas in the terminal. Use of these areas is permitted for service animals as well as pets traveling with their owners.
1. An outdoor, fenced yard is located on the first floor, pre-security. Guests with animals may access it from the front sidewalk or by exiting the terminal through the double doors past the baggage claim carousels.
2. A private room with a self-draining turf is located across from Gate 1.
Click here for more information about these areas. Please note that dogs and cats are not allowed to walk around the terminal freely. Emotional support or service animals are the only exception.
Please refer to these sites if traveling with service animals:
- U.S. Department of Transportation Final Rule on Traveling by Air with Service Animals, December 2, 2020.
- U.S. Department of Transportation Service Animal Air Transportation Form
- Alaska – https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/accessible-services/specialservices-support-animals
- Allegiant – https://www.allegiantair.com/passengers-special-needs
- American – https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/special-assistance/service-animals.jsp
- Delta – https://www.delta.com/us/en/accessible-travel-services/service-animals
- Frontier – https://www.allegiantair.com/passengers-special-needs
- Southwest – https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/traveling-with-animals/index-pol.html
- United – https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/special-needs/disabilities/assistance-animals.html
Aira – Navigating the Terminal for Blind or Low Vision Travelers
Thanks to a partnership with Envision, Wichita Eisenhower National Airport is proud to offer subscribers to the Aira vision assistance service free access while using the terminal. The Airport will cover the cost of minutes used by Aira subscribers within the terminal complex.
The Aira app connects people who are blind or low vision to a trained professional agent via smart glasses or cell phone camera. The agent narrates what is in the user’s field of vision, assisting them with such tasks as navigating the terminal, checking-in at airline counters and gates, locating and identifying luggage, reading flight information monitors, dining and shopping, and arranging ground transportation. Read more about Aira Technology at ICT here.
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Los Angeles World Airports (LAX)
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- George Bush Interncontinental Airport (IAH)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL)
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
- San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- General Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Eppley Airfield (OMA)
- Memphis International Airport (MEM)
- Tucson International Airport (TUS)
- Spokane International Airport (GEG)
- St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
- Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport (ICT)
For more information or to subscribe to the Aira network, visit aira.io or call (800)835-1934.