The airlines are closely monitoring changes to travel restrictions and are updating schedules accordingly due to COVID-19. For your convenience, below are the links to airlines’ policies concerning change fees and cancellations. You will also find steps the airlines are taking to protect your health and safety as you travel. As this is a fluid situation, these policies could change daily.
- Alaska Airlines updated travel policies
- Allegiant Air change and cancellation policies
- Health and safety procedures
- American Airlines change policies, cleaning and safety procedures
- Delta Air Lines change policies
- Frontier Airlines change and cancel policies
- Southwest Airlines policies, travel information
- United Airlines change policies
Wichita Eisenhower National Airport is following guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, and industry leaders to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at the airport. We are committed to the health and safety of our passengers and employees. With that in mind, we are taking the following measures:
ICT enhances its cleaning processes with electrostatic spraying – the spray has electrically charged particles. It places a positive charge on a disinfectant solution which is then sprayed on negatively charged surfaces. It is effective against many microorganisms we deal with on a daily basis. When you spray, the mist naturally wants to cling to the entire surface you are spraying it on and wraps itself around the surface to disinfect all of it. This is not a replacement for our standard daily cleaning methods but is another step that we can take to kill a variety of sickness-causing germs and viruses. After our thorough conventional cleaning, we follow up with the electrostatic sprayers. Other procedures include:
- Increasing our use of disinfectant and cleaning high touch areas, like ticketing kiosks, handrails, elevator buttons, escalators, restroom doors, etc.
- Increasing hand sanitizer stations throughout the terminal for passengers.
- Posting personal hygiene educational signage in the restrooms.
- Coordinating with our airline and tenant partners to monitor and address changes in the status of our region’s health.
Airlines are following CDC guidelines to clean and disinfect aircraft, giving additional time to clean international flights and flights that remain overnight. Catering equipment on key international flights is undergoing additional sanitation and disinfecting procedures. Visit each airlines’ websites for complete information on efforts to keep you safe while flying.