Wichita Eisenhower Airport reports the second busiest June on record in terms of enplanements. Here are the key points:
- In June, a total of 79,018 passengers boarded flights at Wichita Eisenhower National Airport (ICT). This marks the second busiest June for enplanements. The busiest June on record was in 2019, with 84,716 enplanements.
- The combined total of passengers (enplanements and deplanements) in June was 159,164.
- The total passenger activity for June showed a 6.58% increase compared to the previous year’s June.
- Passenger activity year-to-date has increased by 14.69% compared to the same period in 2022. This suggests a continued growth trend in passenger traffic throughout the year.
- Despite not having returned to 2019 capacity levels, enplanements have either kept pace with or exceeded the available seats. This indicates a strong demand for air travel even if the overall capacity has not fully recovered.
June Enplanement and Seat Comparisons
|2023 vs. 2022||2023 vs 2021||2023 vs 2020||2023 vs 2019|
Food and gift receipts increased 15.44% and parking revenue increased 24.46%. However, rental car revenue decreased 5.71% in June.
Air cargo continues to decline, dropping 8.83% for both inbound and outbound cargo, and is down 8.27% for the year.
Aviation statistics can be found at Airport Business.