Date: September 11, 2012
Last year in remembrance of the 10th anniversary of 9/11, a special edition of the airport newsletter, The Windsock, was issued. It captured the memories of several airport workers who were on the scene that dreadful day.
- We remember . . .
- American Airlines Flight 11 from Boston Logan to Los Angeles, and the 92 people who died when it crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center
- United Airlines Flight 175 from Boston Logan to Los Angeles, and the 65 people who died when it crashed into the South Tower of the World Trade Center
- American Airlines Flight 77 from Washington Dulles to Los Angeles, and the 64 people who died when it crashed in the Pentagon
- United Airlines Flight 93 from Newark to San Francisco, and the 44 people who died when it crashed in to a rural Pennsylvania field
- 2,595 people in the World Trade Center who died
- 125 civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon who died
- 343 NYFD firefighters and paramedics who died
- 23 NYPD police officers who died
- 37 Port Authority police officers who died
- The families who lost loved ones
- Our courageous men and women in the military who have made the ultimate sacrifice, those who continue to fight the war on terrorism, and the families they leave behind.