Demand for travel continued in August at Wichita Eisenhower National Airport with 72,915 passengers boarding flights, an increase of 9.48% over last August. This was the second busiest August on record in terms of passengers. The busiest August occurred in 2019 with 73,248 enplanements. Here are the key points:
- 72,915 enplanements, up 9.48% over August 2022
- 149,559 total passengers, up 9.00%
- Scheduled seats increased 9.9%
- Scheduled flights increased 9.3%%
- For the year, enplanements have increased 14%
- Total passengers year-to-date are 1,120,999, up 13.33%
Revenue from food and gift concessions increased 13.66%, rental cars increased 2.26%, and parking revenue was down .34%.
Outbound air cargo fell 35.79% while inbound cargo increased 16.34%.
Aviation statistics can be found at Airport Business.