Are you making travel plans but not sure where to go? The airlines have added many new leisure destinations to their route maps, anticipating strong travel demand this summer. Some of these destinations are seasonal; some are less than daily. These resources will help with your travel plans.
The pandemic has forced airlines to publish schedules on a short-term basis as they monitor travel demand. The good news is that bookings are increasing and more flights are entering our market and at our connecting hubs. More flights mean better access to your destinations. We recommend you check weekly to see what your options are as you plan your vacation.
To assist you with your travel planning, check out our handy-dandy interactive Flight Guide that shows all the options available from Wichita to any destination. You can sort the list by the number of stops and distance.
Below is a list of the new destinations the airlines have announced to-date that can be reached with just one connection from Wichita. Keep in mind that schedules can change. Also, we have provided some helpful resources for your vacation planning. It’s always best to visit the airline’s websites for the most up-to-date travel information.
- Connect through Seattle to
- Idaho Falls, CA (IDA) – begins June 17, 2021
- Redding, CA (BZF) – begins June 17, 2021
- Monterey, CA (MRY) – began February 1, 2021
- Jackson Hole, WY (JAC) – began December 17, 2020
Allegiant Air is an ultra low-cost carrier operating less than daily service to nonstop destinations. It does not offer connecting service.
- Nonstop flights to Phoenix-Mesa (AZA) and Las Vegas (LAS) year-round
- Seasonal service to:
- Destin/Fort Walton Beach (VPS) – began in March and will operate through Sept. 6, 2021
- Orlando-Sanford (SFB) – begins May 26 through August 14, 2021.
- Will also operate November 18 – December 12, 2021.
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Begins June 3 through August 15, 2021
Connect through Dallas to:
- Tel Aviv (TLV) begins in October 2021
- Auckland (AKL) – daily seasonal service in November
- St. Maarten (SXM) begins June 5, 2021 – Saturdays only
- Merida, Mexico (MID) begins June 5, 2021 – Saturdays only
- St. Lucia (SLU) begins June 5 – Saturdays only
- Idaho Falls (IDA) begins June 3 – year-round
- AA Vacations and Vacation destinations
- Travel deals and offers
- Travel planning tool
- Guide to making travel easier to manage
DELTA AIR LINES
- Connect through Minneapolis to
- Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF) began on May 27, 2021
- Jackson Hole, WY (JAC) begins May 28, 2021
- Connect through Atlanta to
- Burlington, VT (BTV) begins May 5, 2021
- Bangor, ME (BGR) begins May 8, 2021
- Grand Cayman Islands (GCM) begins June 5, 2021
- St. Kitts (SKB) begins June 5, 2021
- Bonaire (BON) twice-weekly, begins June 5
- Roatan Island (RTB) twice weekly, begins June 5
- Athens (ATH), begins July 2
- Interactive route map where you can find deals to some of Delta’s top destinations
- Travel planning center
- Delta Vacations
Frontier will add a third weekly flight from Wichita to Denver and Las Vegas this summer starting in June. Frontier is an ultra low-cost carrier and operates less than daily service. Connections to more destinations are possible but layovers may be long.
Southwest added several new destinations to their route map this year. Some of these can be reached from Wichita by connecting either in St. Louis, Denver, or Phoenix., depending on the dates of travel. Keep in mind that Southwest updates its schedules regularly. Use their Low Fare Calendar to find flights and fares from ICT.
Bozeman (BZN), Jackson, MS (JAN), Houston (Bush) IAH, Savannah SAV, Sarasota (SRQ), Chicago (O’Hare) (ORD), Palm Springs (PSP), Miami (MIA), Colorado Springs (COS), Santa Barbara (SBA)(Saturdays), Myrtle Beach (MYR) (Saturdays), Destin/Fort Walton Beach (VPS), Fresno (FAT) (Saturdays), Montrose (MTJ), Steamboat Springs/Hayden (HDN)
- Connect in Denver to
- Breckenridge (QKB) began March 11, 2021 (daily); connect by bus to Fort Collins April 1 (4x daily)
- West Yellowstone, MT beginning in June
- Connect in Chicago to
- Kona, Hawaii
- Fairbanks, AS
- Anchorage, AS
- Explore destinations and fares using United’s interactive map.
- Travel Ready Center – everything you need to make sure your travel planning goes smoothly
- Travel Inspiration for families
- See what’s open for travel