Wichita’s Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport has received a top-5 national ranking for customer satisfaction, according a company that surveys travelers’ real time through a mobile app on their cellphones.
Eisenhower National Airport ranked fourth nationally among small hub airports, according to Phoenix Marketing International, which surveyed 170,000 travelers between November 2015 and February 2016. Customer satisfaction levels were based on a seven-point scale with seven being “very satisfied.” AirportXP is a mobile app that allows travelers to share their experience at the 250 busiest U.S. airports.
“We are thrilled at the positive reviews and recognition our new terminal continues to receive from customers,” Mayor Longwell said during his weekly news briefing Thursday at City Hall.
Wichita ranked especially high in several areas including arriving at the terminal; parking facilities; airline check-in processes; terminal décor and appearance; TSA security checkpoint; gate areas and amenities; food & beverage and retail/news & gift concessions in the gate areas; terminal cleanliness; leaving the terminal; and rental car facilities. Overall, Eisenhower Airport scored above average in all areas surveyed, coming in fourth (with a rating of 89 percent) behind Bellingham International in Washington (93 percent) an Hilo International Airport in Hilo, Hi and Gerald R. Ford International in Grand Rapids, Mich. (which both tied for second at 91%). Following are top-5 survey results for small, medium and large airport hubs:
Small Hub Airports
- Bellingham International – 93% (Bellingham, WA)
- Gerald R. Ford International – 91% (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Hilo International – 91% (Hilo, HI)
- Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport – 89% (Wichita, KS)
- Spokane International – 88% (Spokane, WA)
Medium Hub Airports
- Eppley Airfield – 90% (Omaha, NE)
- Theodore Francis Green State – 89% (Warwick, RI)
- Palm Beach International – 83% (West Palm Beach, FL)
- General Mitchell International – 83% (Milwaukee, WI)
- Raleigh-Durham International – 82% (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Large Hub Airports
- Tampa International – 82% (Tampa, FL)
- Salt Lake City International – 81% (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Charlotte/Douglas International – 79% (Charlotte, NC)
- Chicago Midway International – 78% (Chicago, IL)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International – 76% (Atlanta, GA)