Date: September 11, 2012
Last year in remembrance of the 10th anniversary of 9/11, a special edition of the airport newsletter, The Windsock, was issued. It captured the memories of several airport workers who were on the scene that dreadful day. On this 11th anniversary of 9/11, that newsletter is made available for reading at this link: September 2011 Special Edition
- We remember . . .
- American Airlines Flight 11 from Boston Logan to Los Angeles, and the 92 people who died when it crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center
- United Airlines Flight 175 from Boston Logan to Los Angeles, and the 65 people who died when it crashed into the South Tower of the World Trade Center
- American Airlines Flight 77 from Washington Dulles to Los Angeles, and the 64 people who died when it crashed in the Pentagon
- United Airlines Flight 93 from Newark to San Francisco, and the 44 people who died when it crashed in to a rural Pennsylvania field
- 2,595 people in the World Trade Center who died
- 125 civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon who died
- 343 NYFD firefighters and paramedics who died
- 23 NYPD police officers who died
- 37 Port Authority police officers who died
- The families who lost loved ones
- Our courageous men and women in the military who have made the ultimate sacrifice, those who continue to fight the war on terrorism, and the families they leave behind.