March 13, 2013
Contact: Valerie Wise, Air Service & Business Development Manager, 316-946-4700
The airlines serving Wichita Mid-Continent Airport are reporting full loads March 14 – 18. If you are traveling over spring break, the airlines and TSA recommend you arrive at least 1.5 to 2 hours before your flight, particularly if your flight is between 6:00 – 7:00 a.m. Due to sequestration, the TSA may not be able to staff additional TSA officers during heavy travel periods, so the wait times through security could be longer than travelers are used to.
The Airport and TSA offers the following travel tips to help make your travel a breeze:
- The checkpoint opens at 4 am. Arriving early ensures you will be on the flight.
- Check in online up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- Travelers who are 75 years and older, or 12 years and younger, do not have to remove shoes at the security checkpoint.
- Passengers should be at the gate to begin loading AT LEAST 30 minutes before departure.
- Airlines close the aircraft door 10 minutes prior to departure.
- Make sure you have your government-issued photo ID.
- Travelers should remember the three simple steps to security: have ID’s out, coats and shoes off, and laptops and 3-1-1 bags out for screening.
- TSA reminds travelers to follow 3–1–1 for carry-on luggage for non-exempt liquids: 3.4 ounce bottle or less for all liquids, gels and aerosols; placed in a 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag to hold all small containers; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. The limitations on liquids apply only to carry-on bags and larger quantities may be packed in checked baggage.
- TSA reminds travelers to be vigilant by reporting suspicious activity to local law enforcement. The traveling public plays an important role in security, so “If You See Something, Say Something.”
- For travel tips or information on your mobile device, click here to download the MyTSA mobile app.
- For more information on these and other helpful tips, please visit http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information